In the past, tennis could be seen as a sport reserved for the upper class because the cost was quite expensive. But now tennis has become a very popular sport in the world and popular.
For tennis players, a reasonable diet will help strengthen and restore physical strength quickly, as well as limiting injuries caused by overload and fatigue. However, not everyone sets up a diet and knows how to prevent injury when playing tennis. If you are not prepared carefully for some basic knowledge of injury prevention during training and competition, the likelihood of injury will be very high.
Tennis is a sport that requires players to be flexible and durable. In addition to having a good physical foundation, nutritional factors play an important role. When nutritional factors are overlooked, the body will not achieve the best state, so it will directly affect the substance. amount and effectiveness of exercise.
- Before practicing or competing, you should eat well, not to be hungry because playing tennis consumes a lot of physical strength. If you go hungry when you play this sport it will make you very tired and may be dizzy, dizzy. Worse is the constant curvature of the arms and legs that make you feel tired and tired.
- Do not abuse alcoholic beverages such as alcohol and beer before competing. Many people think that these drinks will help them play better, more enthusiastic, but in fact it is a very wrong thinking. Players using alcoholic drinks are easy to cause excitement, stimulating the transition while the body is deficient or unable to meet the nutritional needs, which can cause incalculable consequences such as dizziness and dizziness. coming easy to suffer injuries or strokes on the field.
- Regarding diet for tennis players, depending on the physical condition, weight and intensity of exercise, players can build their own suitable diet. Players can easily refer to the diets for tennis players on network forums. Questions such as: what to eat, how much to eat, how to eat appropriately will be answered clearly, understandably, and you can rely on it to create a nutritious diet. and reasonable.
- Need to provide enough water before, during and after competition, this is very important because it helps players to limit cramps or muscle strain. In order to know if you have provided enough water for your body, you can see the color of your urine, if the urine is clear yellow, which means your body is supplied with enough water, dark urine is a lack of water.
- Banana or fruit juice helps sports players compensate quickly for energy. So during breaks you should compensate for your energy by eating bananas or drinking a glass of pressed glasses. Or when you sweat a lot, your body loses a significant amount of salt. So the addition of mineral salts in drinks is essential to help the body recover faster.
- The amount of minerals lost through sweating can be compensated with mineral water or after meals. You can choose to choose beverages with salt on the market or make energy drinks by simple formula as follows: 1.5 liters of water + 5g salt + 30g sugar, both clean and quality assurance .
Some tips for injury prevention are as follows:
- Choose racket: need to choose the right racket, suitable for the handle size, the tension of the net according to the instruction of the tennis expert.
- Choose shoes and socks: choose a specialized type for tennis, choose suitable shoes will avoid the risk of flipping the ankle. If no specialized socks are available, 2 socks can be worn to strengthen the ankles.
- Need to warm up and start up thoroughly before playing, spend about 3-5 minutes to heat up: jump on the spot, run around the yard, perform stretching muscles tendon until sweating . If you don’t heat up your muscles, it’s easy to get injured right away.
- When the body is not healthy, do not play, avoid playing in the rain because it can make you vulnerable to injury.
- To prevent injury of lumbar spine, you should not play on too hard, inelastic pitch, such as cement, asphalt. Use really smooth shoe soles to reduce the shock on your spine.
- Keep the handle dry (dry the grip regularly, or rub powder to help prevent blistering of the skin of the hand).
- While throwing the ball with slightly bent arm and elbow flexion, the brace of the arm and shoulder joints will be divided equally, avoiding elbow injury.
- At the touch-stroke, it is done by twisting the shoulder, then swinging the arm, should not place the thumb along the handle to counteract gravity, causing sprains of the thumb.
- In a shot and beating the ball, the player should not twist his back too much, but should bend his knees, raising his heels to help balance his body. On the other hand, the right arm is slightly arched, if it is flipped in a straight position and the wrist stiffens, it will force the impulse pressed into the neck and elbow.
To prevent Achilles tendon injury by avoiding jumping on the ground only on the front of the foot because it can cause heel tendon rupture. The right move is to touch the ground first with the front of the foot, followed by the heel. Prevention of heel pain due to legar fasciitis (usually due to foot overload), the best treatment is to stop playing for a while, and when playing should wear specialized shoes with soft arched pads in the foot, and heel cushion for pain relief.
Bnaj needs to be equipped with basic knowledge about first aid such as knowing how to handle minor injuries such as facial scratches, bruises due to touches, tendonitis, sprains, light muscle tear … Should have a telephone number of specialists sports or specialized medical facilities to contact and immediately manage emergency injuries such as head injuries, dislocations, sprains, elbows, neck and hands, or fractures …